Archfield House Nursery in the Cotham/Redland area of Bristol is looking for a Nursery Chef to provide nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared meals from scratch for children and staff. The Nursery Chef will be totally responsible for the safe and hygienic management of the nursery kitchen.
We work within the requirements of the Soil Association Food for Life Catering Award where we have been awarded the Silver Catering Mark. The Catering Mark provides an independent endorsement that food providers are taking steps to improve the food they serve, using fresh ingredients which are free from trans fats, harmful additives and GM, and better for animal welfare.
The position is Monday-Friday, 8.30-5.00 (37.5 hours per week) THE HOURS AND DAYS OF THE WEEK CAN BE FLEXIBLE FOR THE RIGHT APPLICANT
The nursery is open 51 weeks per year.
Competitive salary: To be discussed upon application
• Food Safety Level 2 (or a willingness to undertake necessary training)
• Experience of meal preparation and cooking in an early years or care environment
• Experience of menu planning and ordering
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of Environmental Health Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations, guidelines and record keeping.
• Knowledge and understanding of catering for variety of dietary needs
• High standards of personal hygiene, cleanliness and appearance
• Good organisation and communication skills
and a passion to share cooking skills with children.
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of child nutrition
• Experience of working independently in a kitchen
• Knowledge and understanding of Ofsted regulations and guidelines
A successful DBS (formerly CRB) check is essential and references will be taken up.
Please contact us to arrange a time to visit our happy and forward thinking nursery.